Vitamin D…Solar Power Your Body
A while ago I attended an amazing health convention where the main speaker discussed Vitamin D. It was too good to share!
The speaker was Dr. Myron Wentz, World-Renowned Microbiologist/Immunologist, Winner of the Albert Einstein Lifetime Achievement Award. Here was my takeaway.
Make your cells solar powered
The sun is as essential to your cells as oxygen. A Vitamin D deficiency is the most undiagnosed & missed health opportunity in the world.
Did you know?
- Vitamin D is the single most important vitamin that affects; prevention of heart disease, cancer, depression, muscle weakness, fibroids, osteo arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, M.S., hypertension, weight control and immunity. Sadly, 60% of the population in North America is vitamin D deficient.
- The Government & corporate campaigns to “cover up” from sun using sunscreen with chemicals is primarily responsible for mass vitamin D deficiency in the past 10 years.
- Synthesized from the sun, vitamin D is produced in the skin from exposure to direct sunlight.
- If you are taking a statin or cholesterol lowering drug you are limiting your body’s ability to create vitamin D.
- 15-30 min of exposure at sky high sun= equivalent of 15k-20000 units of vitamin D in pill form.
- It is not possible to overdose on vitamin D.
Excess vitamin D can be stored in cells to be activated at any time!
The further you live from the equator the higher your risk of dying of cancer.
Your body needs 15-30 min exposure to the sun BEFORE sunscreen. Even SPF 15 sunscreen eliminates the body’s ability of vitamin D production by 90%
Benefits of Vitamin D:
– improve fertility
– lowers chronic inflammation
– weight control
– prevents strokes and dementia
– raises mental cognition
– increases muscle strength
– stimulates insulin production and sensitivity
Vitamin D vs. Flu Shot
Is it a coincidence that colds and flus MOST ALWAYS come in the fall/winter and when the kids go back to school indoors??
Autumn, when the sun fades, is when flu season sets in
High doses of Vitamin D (from a QUALITY source) can be more effective at avoiding the flu, than the flu shot!
One study reported 90% drop in respiratory infections when supplemented with 2000IU of vitamin D vs. RDA level of 400IU.
George & I each take approximately 5,000IU of Vitamin D per day. Pick some up from the front desk of the gym.