Why does it sometimes seem so hard? You know it's good for you; you know you should; you know it helps. But right now, it just sucks. If you are currently inactive or struggling to kickstart your fitness in the lockdown, I'm talking to you.
You're not alone. COVID (the jerk!) has robbed your energy and motivation. Even the thought of doing fitness makes your brain hit capacity screaming "No more decisions!!!"
Start simple. Do these 3 things for 5 minutes (or 2 songs on the radio):
If you get this far, congratulate yourself. You got some movement started. Usually after a brief 5 minute warm-up like this, your brain catches up and kinda likes the feeling.
We created 10 SIMPLE workouts you can do at home. Each one has 3 levels from beginner / intermediate / advanced. Have a look - print them if you like. Then choose 3 each week and checkmark when you've done each one. Is there anything better than a check mark??
At Home Workout Tips:
- If you used to go to the gym regularly, use that timeframe to do these workouts. Your brain will like the familiarity.
- Schedule your week out on paper. Aim for 3x plus a long walk outside in sunlight and fresh air.
- Try to do your workouts near a window for natural light.
- It's ok to start with beginner workouts. Even if you were in great shape before COVID hit, you aren't chasing intensity right off the bat. Start simple.
- Don't forget some good tunes. It may not always be hoppin' workout jams or heavy rock. Sometimes it's the chillout Phil Collins station on Spotify while you move for 15 minutes.
Hopefully if you are struggling, these ideas and simple workouts will help. If you need more ideas, let me know. I have more up my sleeve and a team of elite and experienced coaches to talk with you. Book a complimentary 15 minute virtual chat with one of them.
I can help. It's what we love to do.