Coach Karen has a delicious Bean & Rice Salad recipe for you to try.
The following recipe is sufficient for 4 servings - great to have for lunch or pre workout.
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup pinto bean
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup avocado (10 grams in each serving)
- 4oz mango
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 300 grams tempeh (75 grams in each serving)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 head of lettuce (i.e. iceberg)
- 2 limes
Special note: For people who don't like tofu or tempeh substitute for chicken breast. 400 grams of chicken for 4 servings.
- Pre cook rice and set aside. In largemixing bowl mix all beans and corn. (Heat beans and corn in microwave ifdesired) Fold in cooked rice to this mix.
- Cut onion, mango and cilantro into tiny pieces and fold into rice and beanmixture.
- In separate bowl mash up avocado, add sea salt and squeeze lime over top.This will be a topper for rice bean mixture.
- Line bowl with leafs of Butter lettuce and scoop rice mixture on top.
- Slicecherry tomatoes and 10 grams of avocado mixture to top bowl
MACROS for 1 servingis 19 g P, 36 g C, 12.3 g F