911's and front line first responders hold a special place for our community. Since 2009 Team FirePower began an annual charity event supporting families of fallen Canadian Firefighters. To date through the generosity and help of our community, we have raised over $70,000.
While the pandemic put a hamper on the larger event (for now), we are pleased to be able to offer this tribute workout to our FirePower members and friends. Here's how this will work:
Saturday September 10th
- 2 session timeslots: 9:30am & 11:00am.
- workouts will be designed to simulate firefighting activities, will be conducted outdoors.
- Firefighter face masks will be worn during the workout - they will be provided
- There is no cost to FP members to participate.
- Sign up required using the Pike13 app.
- Non-members are welcome to join for a $30 drop in fee. RSVP is required to firstname.lastname@example.org
OPTIONAL: Athletes can choose to perform the workout in full bunker gear with a minimum $30 donation to FFAD.
If you are opting for bunker gear, please arrive 30 minutes before your time slot to find an appropriate sized set of gear. We have them in-stock on site.
Milton Fire will drop by with a fire truck throughout the morning. Bring your camera and the kiddos! Parking will be limited. Please opt to park on surrounding side streets and walk over. Please be courteous to the other local businesses who are also operating on the weekend in the surrounding areas. :)
Lastly, we humbly ask for your financial support to the Canadian Fallen Firefighters Foundation on behalf of FireFighter Appreciation Day. Donate on-site during Saturday or using the online link below. 100% of funds raised from FFAD goes to the CFFF! We thank you in advance.