The FirePower CrossFit Kids program uses randomized, functional exercises, performed at high intensity. Daily themed workouts include skills challenges, and obstacle courses where they will push, pull, run, throw, lift, climb and jump. Kids gain improved fitness, coordination, confidence in even our most awkward children.
Why CrossFit Kids?
- We are shaping lives, not changing lives If you modify a kids’s trajectory in their life direction by adding in even a small % of fitness into their life at a young age, you have the opportunity to define a life long love of fitness.
- We focus on health A combination of eating right, staying active and being confident to make wise choices outside the gym walls i.e. at school.
- We are creating a community of like minded kids Where it’s cool to talk about protein and eating real food. Where its normal to go fast and hard. Children that are around a CrossFit gym, their normalcy are watching the adults work out with high intensity. To our kids, Fran is normal. We are completely changing what is normal for kids.
- We are honing life skills We are teaching them how to work hard, how to fail, how to practice, and feel success. If you do CF correctly, you will hit the wall and fail at some points in your workouts i.e. missed lift, 1 lost rep, etc. We are teaching our kids how to fail and learn from it. We lead by example.
- We have the ability to change their perceptions of themselves They are not judged on their looks or what they wear. In our gyms, no girl is being made fun of for being overweight if she can out-lift a guy. No boy is being made fun of if they have different shoes. They are defined on what they can do not what they see.
Here’s What You Get!
CrossFit Kids Prescription Mixing Fun with Fitness. It is imperative that we pair fitness with fun. The CFK program is based on CrossFit’s philosophy of constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity.
Quality of Movement We are movement trainers; we are fitness safety sergeants. We are qualified, certified adults, and parents ourselves.
Variety of Exercises We expose kids to a variety of physical elements and see where they excel. See a variety of CrossFit Kids movements and terms here.